Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dream State

Well, I just woke up from quite an interesting, albeit random (what a surprise) dream. Somehow I found myself in downtown Manhattan...or some bizarro version of it, pretty standard for my screwed up mind. Anyway, bizarro downtown Manhattan, and I was playing violin (an instrument I have no idea how to play) with of all people, Kaki King. For those who don't know, Kaki King is not only a guitarist, but probably one of the greatest guitarists I've ever had the good fortune of watching perform live numerous times. Her guitar prowess is just ridiculously awesome, an prowess that could be considered l33t. Anyway, what made this dream even more interesting was the fact that she wasn't playing guitar, she was playing violin. I have no idea as to whether or not she plays violin, but i'd imagine she'd be equally l33t at it. Anyways, there's Me, Kaki, and a violist and cellist on a street corner performing various random songs. Don't ask me which ones, I don't remember.

The street performance went over quite well, people seemed to love it. As we were packing up, we were chatting about random stuff, and I gave her back her bow since apparently I had borrowed one of hers for the performance. Now here comes the strangest part. For some reason I wasn't sure if I had introduced myself, so as we finish packing, I say, "Oh, my name is Calvin, by the way." She didn't hear me the first time, so I repeated myself, "My name is Calvin, C-A-L-V-I-N." Her response, "Oh, I know! Bye Calvin!" And then she leaves. As I sit and try to ponder how she knew my name, I realize that that one of the freakin' street sweepers that pass by on the sidewalks in lower Manhattan swept up my backpack. Right as I run off to catch the idiot that threw away my backpack, I woke up.

Not sure what to make of that dream, but I thought it was pretty cool in an incredibly random way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home