Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bi-annual Update

Been awhile, yes. Lots going on? You bet. Am I going to touch upon all of them in this post? Ha, you're funny. I'll get to the main points first and then I may divulge in other stuff.

So, when we last left off, my college diploma was in limbo. With .05 grade points separating me from scholastic freedom, I returned to New York very broken and unsure of what I could do. So I said fuck it all and started looking for work. Unfortunately work did not come, and still hasn't. But behold, one day, a cousin of mine called my mother, and they somehow ended up on the subject of my degree status. As it turns out, that particular cousin and her husband are really important people in southern local colleges, so they devised a plan to talk to my school and see if they can work out something that could help me move one step closer to getting my diploma without having to go back to Hartford. A few weeks go by, my cousins and the entire computer science department of the University of Hartford somehow make a deal for me to take one last course at a local school. We all agreed that I would take Calculus I, and I chose the school pending approval from the dean of the Math Dept. I chose CUNY Medgar Evers College because it's the closest school from my house (20 minute walk close!) So all I had to do was get the ok from the dean. His response: "This course is fine. Good luck."

W00ts!

So cut to today. I'm doing well. I've gotten perfect scores on all but one quiz (9 out of 10 points on the quiz, not bad), and on the first test I got an 86! Which interestingly enough was the highest score in the class. I have two more tests and countless other quizzes to go, but As for right now *knock on wood* things are good. Yeehaw!

Hmmm, what else is going on? Ah, yes, I still have no job, so I'm sitting around at home trying to hone my skills in all things computers. I recently put up a web page for my graphics portfolio. I wrote a good portion of it in JavaScript, which is awesome sauce! And I threw in some flash video instead of random downloadable video to make things easy on those with crappy internet connections. I also put together a new animation, somthing I ended up making out of just a random idea I wanted to test out. It's pretty awesome! Go check it out: http://gfx.ccwii.net

Now that I got all that out of the way, expect (maybe) some new posts about stuff on my mind, and many rants to come! As for right now I'm in a daze, because Barack Obama is been elected our future 44th President!!! I am proud of my country, I am proud of my people, I am proud of my generation. I am just damn proud right now.


OBAMAAAAAAAA!!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home