Saturday, December 6, 2008

Calvin - Laptop = Sad Panda.

Well, my laptop is off to HP to get repaired. It took me some time to actually send it off because I didn't want to let it go. There is a strong chance that I will be without it for up to two weeks, so I'm pretty bummed about it. I thought I'd be alright since I have my mother's desktop to keep me from going completely insane, but not the case as it turns out. Her computer is slow as FUCK. It has a 1 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM. The processor is registering at 994 MHz. I knew I wouldn't be able to do any sort of graphics work on it, which I can live with, but Reason keeps crashing on it, and it's pissing me off. So no music creation for two weeks, which puts a damper on my plan to finish a couple of songs I was working on before the year was out. What sucks even more is the fact that I came up with 4 ideas for songs this week alone. No idea what I'm going to do about that.

But in the meantime I can do other stuff, like actually work towards finishing the typography book I started reading so long ago. And then I can begin reading the typography book and CJ let me borrow. CJ also let me borrow his copy of "The Watchmen" graphic novel. I can read those in the meantime. And also concentrate more on my math class! I'm almost done with it! Only two more classes and the final on the 22nd to go! W00t! But in the meantime I'll make do with this computer...maybe I'll be able to fix it and get Reason to work! One can dream....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home